thehitchhikersguidetobakerstreet said: I've heard it said by several meta writers that Sherlock is likely 'a play in five acts', meaning there will be five seasons, which makes perfect sense to me. However, with the recent talk of a potential 2015 Christmas special, how do you think this would fit into that structure?
I would actually love to hear what others think about this.
It’s hard to say, because we’ve never had a special. MHR was more like a mini-prequel to s3. But we don’t even know how long this special will be. An hour? Two hours?
I don’t know if they’ll do this (doubt it) but I’d kind of love it if the special just filled in the gaps. Where has Jim been? How’d he fake it? What’s Mary’s big secret? Did Mycroft know about her before she shot Sherlock? What happened between the Watson Domestic and Appledore? If some of that shit was explained and we started season four with more of an understanding of what the fuck is going on, that’d just be swell.
If it’s a shorter episode than normal (an hour, half hour) I could maybe see them focusing on a different character and just giving glimpses of what’s going on with Sherlock and John.
Okay, as I was typing that I realized what I wanted. Anderson’s Christmas Special. Hear me out.
First of all: TONS of Sally and Greg.
Second of all: We know from the scene where Mary asks Anderson about Sherlock’s bolt holes that Anderson “stalks” Sherlock (as his friend/girlfriend calls it). It was Anderson, not Molly or Mycroft, who knew where Sherlock was hiding. Sooooo what if the special is mostly flashbacks that show said stalking? Potential scenes:
- Anderson tracking stag night and sneaking into the gay bar to see wtf John and Sherlock are doing in there (MOFFTISS SERIOUSLY JUST PUT THAT FOOTAGE IN THE SPECIAL FOR THE LOVE)
- Anderson finding out Mary shot Sherlock and doing his own research on her past
- Anderson bringing his findings to Greg and Sally and saying “I think Mary worked for Moriarty and he’s still alive” and Greg groaning “not this shit again” and Sally being all “dude he was right about Sherlock hear him out”
- Greg confronting Mycroft about how he knew about Mary’s past and never said anything to John or Sherlock (ship it or not you can’t tell me you wouldn’t want to see that scene)
- Anderson and Sally tracking down Janine and realizing she’s been helping Jim hide out
- Any scene with Sally and Janine. They can just sip tea and smile sardonically at each other I don’t even care
- Anderson bringing Sherlock important information about Jim’s plan/whereabouts and Sherlock expressing actual, genuine gratitude and Anderson feeling like he redeemed himself from the idea that he was responsible for Sherlock’s suicide and he resumes his job with the Yard
Of course, another option is that it will be another 90 minute episode that follows the same format and we’ll essentially have a four-episode season where episode one airs way before the others.
It’s all good. (I’m rather attached to this Anderson thing though.)
What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I cannot do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situation to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X
I love that look when Sherlock just realizes.
#It’s the nerves of steel bit that always gets me. #Because he says it #and there’s John looking completely innocent #in his jumper next to a police car #all tidy and non-assuming #And Sherlock can just look and know #’I just described John Watson. My new friend.’ #and there was no turning back at that point for either of them.
#it’s when Sherlock just thinks #My god. I’ve only known this man for a day and a half and he has just killed a man for me #And he’s so surprised because no one has cared about him that much or done such a thing like this #and it confuses him #he doesn’t understand
I was going to say something. But then I re-read the tags. And impersonated the gif.
I used to feel like it took Sherlock forever to realize that it had to be John who shot the guy, and I used to be like, “YOU ARE SHERLOCK HOLMES. YOU ARE DESCRIBING YOUR FRIEND JOHN WATSON. REALIZE THIS.” And then I recognized that Sherlock had absolutely no reason to ever suspect that this man he’d just met would have killed a man for him. I feel like this is the moment when Sherlock thinks, “OMG, I have a friend. That man is my friend.”
This moment was when I knew I would love this show forever.
John’s sideways glance is so fantastic, very nothing to see here.